Double the love 💕
Bonded Pair of Greyhounds 🐶🐶
If you love potato chips you know you can’t stop at one, right? Greyhound owners know this very well! Maze and Spike come as a pre-packaged twin pack so you won’t need to go through more meet’n’greets and another adoption process to find a compatible grey to go with your first one, you’re welcome!
This twin sister and brother combo include:
- Giving you bucket loads of love, affection, and belly laughs at their antics.
- Keeping each other company while you’re at work.
- Sleeping 20 hours out of 24 – it’s true, that’s what greyhounds do, and what they’ll do while you’re at work. (We’re sprinters not endurance performers.)
- Zoomies i.e. speedway laps around the yard, may last for a minute or two and then we need a lie down, exhausted.
- Being the reason you can get up and go for those walks you keep saying you should – yes, they love a walk, they will calmly stroll and sniff the roses with you, whether a short walk once a day or a half hour twice a day, as long as it’s with you they’ll be up for it.
- Greyt ambient companionship – wherever you are they’ll come to find you and if there’s something soft to lay on they’ll snooze beside you.
- Your personal portable temperature gauges – if it’s cold they’ll curl up in a ball letting you know they need the heater and/or a coat on; if it’s hot they’ll spread out like panting pancakes letting you know they need a fan or the aircon on.
- Finding fun in the funniest things – op shop soft toys, empty cardboard boxes – sometimes with liver treats inside, pinching one of the rubber gloves off the kitchen sink, taking a dusting cloth off the table – if you think your memory is bad (“Where did I leave it?”) this pair will make you think you’re totally losing it! They just like to move things, no inanimate objects were harmed.
Disclaimer: Known for ‘counter surfing’ – because of their height and their graceful ability to stand on hind legs whilst long pointy noses nudge, or teeth grab hold of, things.
Need to be treated like toddler humans, anything precious goes up higher, out of reach, or completely out of sight.
Maze and Spike have been fostered for nearly 12 months and, at nearly 3yrs old, have developed beautiful indoor manners from never having been in a home as pets before. They obey ‘wait’, ‘come’ and ‘gentle’ commands (when not overexcited/distracted but treats or toy rewards work really well!) “Uh Uh” – will stop them in their tracks, “What time is it?” means breakfast or dinner but they wait patiently to be served.
These young twinnies are still finding new things about being pets that they quickly learn to navigate with calm and gentle guidance.
Maze and Spike will give their forever humans more love than they can be given.
6′ fences – standing on hind legs 5′ is too low; children over 12yrs old – these guys are young, can be boisterous and are large dogs.
Not available for interstate adoption
We talk with people who contact about an animal to see what their needs and situation are.
Our emphasis is on getting the right animal for the people and the right people for the animal. If everyone’s needs are met things usually work out well.
If the situation sounds good we arrange a meeting. If all goes well we let people try the animal out for a couple of weeks to ensure that everyone is happy.
We keep records of all adopters, follow up to ensure all is well and undertake to take back any animal if circumstances change.